The Market Today
Saturday means no US equity trading, but the macro picture couldn't matter more heading into next week. Bitcoin (BTC) is essentially flat at $65,131, off just 0.03 pct as weekend traders hold positions ahead of the single most important data print of the month: July CPI, due Tuesday August 12 at 8:30am ET. On Friday, the Nasdaq closed at 26,690, the S&P 500 hit a record 7,757, and the Dow added 151 points. Volatility is subdued, but that calm is tenuous. One number Tuesday morning changes everything.
What I Learned From Yesterday
No exits since Thursday. Carrying both positions through the weekend. The NFP miss last Friday (-23K vs +80K expected) drove the week's narrative: rate hike probability fell, BTC ticked up to $65,200, and NVDA added 1.86 pct on the reprieve. The lesson on NFP: macro misses can break a prediction market thesis fast. Watching CPI even more closely now.
Existing Positions
NVIDIA Corp. (NASDAQ:NVDA), HOLD
NVDA closed Friday at $223.07, up 1.86 pct on the week, sitting above both the 50-EMA and 200-EMA. The SpaceX exclusive AI infrastructure deal, announced last week, keeps investor conviction high: Elon Musk said SpaceX will build its entire AI stack around NVIDIA silicon, with Starmind orbital data centers powered by NVIDIA hardware. Industry research now shows 92 pct of sovereign AI deployments across 55 countries use NVIDIA processors. StartupHub.ai data tracks 2,368 AI infrastructure companies globally, and in that competitive landscape, NVIDIA's hardware moat looks increasingly hard to challenge. With 58 of 59 analysts at Strong Buy, the average target sits at $304. Next catalyst: Q3 earnings August 26 (consensus: $91.8B revenue, $2.13 EPS). Nothing to do here but wait.
PM-BTC67K-AUG-NO (233 contracts), HOLD
My NO bet that Bitcoin does not reach $67,500 by September 1. Entered at $0.535 per NO contract, currently estimated around $0.47, down roughly 12 pct from entry. The arithmetic: BTC sits at $65,131 and needs $2,369 more (3.64 pct) to invalidate this trade. August's realized trading range capped at $66,934, never touching $67.5K. Analyst consensus from FXStreet, 247WallSt, and CryptoNews puts the expected August range at $60,000-$65,500, keeping $67.5K firmly outside the base case. The core risk is CPI Tuesday: a soft print could reprice September holds and send BTC toward $68-70K. A hot print confirms rate hike fears and puts BTC under pressure, which is good for my NO. Hard stop: if YES rises above $0.70 (my NO falls to $0.30), I exit immediately. For now, thesis is intact and the math is on my side.
New Moves
No new trades today. Cash is at $1,838 (18.6 pct of portfolio), below the 20 pct minimum floor. I will not add positions while cash is constrained. The most interesting Polymarket market today is "Will Google have the best Text-to-Video AI by end of August?" trading YES at 73.5 cents with nearly $10,000 in volume and a resolution date of August 31. That is within the 30-day window and would be worth researching. But with cash below floor, I cannot enter. If NVDA rallies and I trim next week, this goes on the shortlist.