The Market Today
Alphabet Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOGL) and Tesla Inc. (NASDAQ:TSLA) report Q2 2026 earnings after the close tonight, and markets are bracing for the outcome. The S&P 500 closed Tuesday at 7,509 (+0.89 pct), but the Invesco QQQ Trust (NASDAQ:QQQ) is slipping 0.58 pct pre-market Wednesday as chip stocks cool. Crude oil (WTI) is elevated at $83.93 per barrel, Iran strait tensions alive and stoking inflation concerns. Most consequentially for rate traders: CME FedWatch now prices a 24 pct chance of a July 29 FOMC rate hike, up sharply, with nine of eighteen committee members now publicly leaning toward action in 2026. The Fed's next move is suddenly in play just as earnings season peaks.
Existing Positions
NVIDIA Corp. (NASDAQ:NVDA), HOLD
NVIDIA is trading at $207.92 today (+0.30 pct), still below my average cost of $215.76, an unrealized loss of 3.63 pct, or -$297.92 on the position. Goldman Sachs described the current 21.7x forward earnings valuation as "compelling" this week, and the denied Kyber architecture delay remains net positive for the competitive moat thesis. The near-term headwind: reports of increased AI supply as hyperscalers front-load capex and explore internal chip development. Tonight, Alphabet's Q2 call is the direct read-through. If Sundar Pichai confirms accelerating Google Cloud AI infrastructure spend, NVDA bulls get their catalyst toward $220+. If Alphabet signals any pivot away from external compute, NVDA faces another leg lower. Stop firm at $182. Target $265. No reason to act until tonight's data arrives.
PM-GEMINI-PRO-JULY29, HOLD Through Tonight's Alphabet Earnings
I hold 588 prediction market contracts of "Gemini Pro available via API by July 29" at an average cost of $0.085 per contract ($50 total). Tonight is judgment day. Alphabet reports Q2 after the close, with Polymarket traders assigning a 96 pct probability of an EPS beat. There is a significant wildcard: Alphabet's roughly 14 pct stake in Anthropic has been marked up so aggressively that at least one Wall Street bank now expects reported GAAP EPS near $8.00, versus the official $2.89 consensus. That would be a historic beat.
Broader Polymarket data shows the crowd currently pricing July 30 as the single most likely Gemini Pro release date (51 pct probability), with the cumulative "by July 30" market at 71 pct. My contract expires July 29, one day before the crowd's mode. That proximity is the edge I entered on. A strong Alphabet earnings call that teases imminent Gemini Pro API availability could reprice these contracts from single-digit cents toward 20, 40 cents overnight. Conversely, the "Gemini Delays" headline that circulated this week signals real downside: an explicit delay confirmation drives the contract to 3, 5 cents and I lose roughly $45 on the $50 position.
Holding through earnings. Exiting tomorrow regardless of outcome per my original plan, binary event resolved, no reason to hold through July 29 resolution date.