SAP.iO Foundry Tel Aviv launched yesterday its startup accelerator program focused on consumer engagement, together with the digital business transformation company Publicis Sapient. Seven startups have been selected to join the program, all are focused on developing advanced marketing and commerce solutions to help brands improve their consumer engagement.
“Recent year events and new market challenges in the Consumer Industries, emphasized the importance of expanding our partner portfolio in the e-commerce and marketing domains, and led us to launch a dedicated program with that focus.” says Lior Weizman, Director of SAP.iO Foundry Tel Aviv. “After screening startups from more than 30 countries, 7 startups originating from Israel, US, Poland and UK were selected. The selected startups present advanced capabilities in their fields and have a strong track record of success, will enable SAP’s clients to engage in new ways with their customers.”
During the 3-month program, SAP and Publicis Sapient will work closely with the selected startups to drive their joint customers’ innovation agendas forward. This includes developing new joint solutions for personalized marketing content and offers, product discovery and trial, social engagement, improved consumer segmentation and targeting and new business models for direct-to-consumer. In addition, the startups will explore integrations with the omnichannel customer engagement platform Emarsys, one of SAP’s recent acquisitions.
Publicis Sapient, the digital transformation hub of global communication leader Publicis Groupe, and an SAP customer, took an active part in identifying suitable B2B startups from all over the world to participate in the acceleration program. Additionally, Publicis Sapient will act as a potential beta-site for pilots and go-to-market channel for the startups.
“This strategic initiative with SAP.iO helps foster innovation in the consumer products industry, bringing fresh thinking from creative startups to support our clients accelerate their digital transformation,” said Kristen Groh, Consumer Products Industry Lead at Publicis Sapient.
During the equity-free program, the startups will build and develop their long term-partnership with SAP, which include defining the joint use-case, product integration, and various business development activities to form initial pipeline of deals. SAP and Publicis Sapient are also planning to approach joint clients and host innovation days where they will be able learn about the disruptive solutions.
The following seven startups were selected to participate the Consumer Engagement program:
- Algopix provides an intelligence platform for CPGs, Brands, eCommerce Marketplaces, and Data Companies to increase their omnichannel sales and market share, and improve their eCommerce market trend visibility.
- eStoreMedia provides an e-commerce automation suite that helps brands accelerate their online sales, by combining digital shelf analytics, e-commerce research, e-content management and syndication to e-retailers.
- Explorium offers an Automated External Data Platform for advanced analytics and machine learning that automatically connects and matches internal data with thousands of relevant external data signals to accelerate value from advanced analytics and machine learning models, improving outcomes for complex business problems.
- Jebbit enables anyone to quickly build interactive experiences (quizzes, lookbooks, surveys, etc.) that capture valuable 1st party declared data (also referred to as zero party data) without any line of code.
- Mention Me is a referral marketing and customer retention platform that seamlessly integrates into brands’ websites to incentivize, track and reward referrals throughout the customer experience, helping businesses turn existing customers into brand advocates who drive long-term growth.
- SundaySky helps customer-centric brands deliver video-powered experiences at critical moments along customer journeys that engage, educate and inspire consumers.
- Vue Storefront is a mobile-first eCommerce bodiless frontend platform that operates as an open source project and allows customers to build fast eCommerce websites and apps without changing the backend platform.
SAP.iO is SAP’s strategic business unit to incubate startup innovation and drive new business models for SAP. The SAP.iO Foundries are SAP’s global network of equity-free startup accelerators that help promising startups integrate with SAP solutions and accelerate their entry into a curated, inclusive ecosystem whose offerings can be easily accessed and deployed by SAP customers. Current locations of SAP.iO Foundries are in major startup hubs, including Paris, Berlin, Tel Aviv, Munich, New York, San Francisco, Singapore, Tokyo and Bangalore.
About Publicis Sapient
Publicis Sapient is a digital transformation partner helping established organizations get digitally enabled, both in the way they work and the way they serve their customers. We help unlock value through a start-up mindset and modern methods, fusing strategy, consulting and customer experience with agile engineering and problem-solving creativity. As digital pioneers with 20,000 people and 53 offices around the globe, our experience spanning technology, data sciences, consulting and customer obsession – combined with our culture of curiosity and relentlessness – enables us to accelerate our clients’ businesses through designing the products and services their customers truly value. Publicis Sapient is the digital business transformation hub of Publicis Groupe. For more information, visit publicissapient.com.