PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We use Cloudflare to protect our service from DDoS attacks which helps use understand how our customers use the Site. Cloudflare uses _cfuid in your browser so that once they have checked to see if you’re a bot, they won’t have to check again while you use our website.
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
We collect Personal Data about you from:
- when you provide such information directly to us, and
- when Personal Data about you is automatically collected in connection with your use of our Services.
- Third parties, both when they provide us with Personal Data about you and when we seek out information for Profiles, as discussed below (“Third Parties”). Third Parties that share your Personal Data with us include:
- Service providers. For example, we may use analytics service providers to analyze how you interact and engage with the Services, or third parties may help us provide you with customer support.
- Social networks connected to the services. If you provide your social network account credentials to us or otherwise sign in to the Services through a third-party site or service, you understand some content and/or information in those accounts may be transmitted into your Account with us.
- Advertising partners. We receive information about you from some of our service providers who assist us with marketing or promotional services related to how you interact with our websites, applications, products, services, advertisements or communications
StartupHub.ai also creates profiles of startups, consulting groups, corporations, investors and people, which we call “Profiles,” from different sources. Once we have collected information (primarily business-related and technical specifications information) about a person or company, we aggregate the information into a Profile. Profiles are then made available to users of the Services, and our customers and strategic partners.
When we create or enhance Profiles about individuals, we may collect this information from multiple sources, including:
- Publicly-available web sources that we scan using technology or manual methods.
- User contributions about themselves or other profiles.
- Research conducted internally by StartupHub.ai.
- Other companies and data partners that license information to us.
What Categories of Personal Data We Collect
1. Personal identifiers. Examples include: Name, email, IP, username, social medial profile IDs/links, personal website. Profile data includes: Name, social profile links, personal website. The source of the data is provided by the user or third parties.
2. Protected classification characteristics under state or federal law. Examples include: Gender. Profile Data includes: Gender. The source of the data is provided by the user or third parties.
3. Internet or other similar network activity information. Examples include: Website and application usage, interaction with advertisements, browser or platform or device used, and search history. The source of the data is provided by the user and third parties.
4. Geolocation data. Examples include: IP, location data (city, country, state, region). The source of the data is provided by the user or third parties.
5. Professional or employment-related information. Examples include: Employment history. Profile data includes: Current and past companies, current and past job titles, biography description, press references, professional investments. The source of the data is provided by the user or third parties.
The following sections provide additional information about how we collect your Personal Data.
We may communicate with you if you’ve provided us the means to do so. For example, if you’ve given us your email address, we may send you promotional email offers on behalf of other businesses, or email you about your use of the Services. Also, we may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us, which helps us improve our services. If you do not want to receive communications from us, please contact us at [email protected]
You can decide whether or not to accept Cookies through your internet browser’s settings. Most browsers have an option for turning off the Cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new Cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allow you to decide on acceptance of each new Cookie in a variety of ways. You can also delete all Cookies that are already on your computer. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site, and this may cause some Services and functionalities to not work.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We process Personal Data to operate, improve, understand and personalize our Services. We use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To meet or fulfill the reason you provided the information to us.
- To communicate with you about the Services, including Service announcements, updates or offers.
- To provide support and assistance for the Services.
- To create and manage your Account or other user profiles.
- To personalize your experience, website content and communications based on your preferences, including targeted offers and ads served through the Services.
- To process orders or other transactions.
- To respond to user inquiries and fulfill user requests.
- To improve and develop the Services, including testing, research, analysis, and product development (including creation and enhancement of public person profiles).
- To protect against or deter fraudulent, illegal or harmful actions and maintain the safety, security and integrity of our Services.
- To comply with our legal or contractual obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our Terms of Service.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- For any other business purpose stated when collecting your Personal Data or as otherwise set forth in applicable data privacy laws, such as the California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”).
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Data or use the Personal Data we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
As noted in the list above, we may communicate with you if you’ve provided us the means to do so. For example, if you’ve given us your email address, we may send you promotional email offers on behalf of other businesses, or email you about your use of the Services. Also, we may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us, which helps us improve our services.
How We Share Your Personal Data
Disclosures of Personal Data for a Business Purpose
We disclose your Personal Data to service providers and other parties for the following business purposes:
- Performing services on our behalf, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services, or providing similar services on behalf of the business or service provider.
- Auditing related to a current interaction and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards.
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Short-term, transient use of Personal Data that is not used by another party to build a consumer profile or otherwise alter your consumer experience outside the current interaction.
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that we own, manufacture, was manufactured for us, or control.
We disclose your Personal Data to the following categories of service providers and other parties:
- Service providers, including:
- Subscription management solutions
- Security and fraud prevention solutions
- Hosting and other technology and communications providers
- Analytics providers
- Customer relationship management and customer support providers
- Parties who acquire your Personal Data through an acquisition or other change of control.
- Personal Data may be transferred to a third party if we undergo a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or other transaction in which that third party assumes control of our business (in whole or in part)
- Other parties at your direction.
- Other users (where you post information publicly or as otherwise necessary to effect a transaction initiated or authorized by you through the Services)
- Social media services (if you intentionally interact with them through your use of the Services)
- Third-party business partners who you access through the Services
- Other parties authorized by you
Over the past twelve months, we have disclosed the following categories of your Personal Data to service providers or other parties for the business purposes listed above:
- Personal identifiers.
- Customer records identified by state law.
- Protected classification characteristics under state or federal law.
- Internet or other similar network activity information.
- Geolocation data.
- Professional or employment-related information.
Sales of Personal Data
At StartupHub.ai, we collect information from a variety of sources (including information contributed directly by you and/or our user community) in order to compile Profiles about entities and individuals. Please refer above to understand what information is collected to compile Profiles.
In this section, we use the term ‘sell’ as it is defined in the CCPA. We may sell your Profile data to our customers and data partners (such as sponsors and syndication partners), subject to your right to opt-out of these sales (see the “Your Rights” section below for information about how to opt-out).
Over the past twelve months, we have sold the following categories of your Personal Data to third parties:
- Personal identifiers.
- Protected classification characteristics under state or federal law.
- Professional or employment-related information.
Data Security and Retention
We seek to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use and disclosure using appropriate physical, technical, organizational and administrative security measures based on the type of Personal Data and how we are processing that data, including but not limited to:
- The StartupHub.ai website uses SSL (https).
- Account passwords are not stored or visible to administrators of the Site.
- All transmission of data uses TLS and HTTPS/SSL encryption.
You should also help protect your data by appropriately selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-on mechanism; limiting access to your computer or device and browser; and signing off after you have finished accessing your account. Although we work to protect the privacy of your account and other Personal Data that we hold in our records, no security system is impenetrable, and unanticipated system failures or the efforts of malicious actors are an unfortunate reality on the internet. Therefore, StartupHub.ai cannot guarantee that Personal Data during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
We retain Personal Data about you for as long as you have an open account with us or as otherwise necessary to provide the Services. In some cases we retain Personal Data for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation. Afterwards, we retain some information in a depersonalized or aggregated form but not in a way that would identify you personally.
California Resident Rights
You have the right to request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you and request a copy of such Personal Data by submitting a request to the email [email protected] with the subject heading: “Copy of Personal Data Request”.
You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Data that we have collected from you. Under the CCPA, this right is subject to certain exceptions: for example, we may need to retain your Personal Data to provide you with the Services or complete a transaction or other action you have requested. If your deletion request is subject to one of these exceptions, we may deny your deletion request.
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise the rights described above, you must send us a request that (1) provides sufficient information to allow us to verify that you are the person about whom we have collected Personal Data, and (2) describes your request in sufficient detail to allow us to understand, evaluate, and respond to it. Each request that meets both of these criteria will be considered a “Valid Request.” We may not respond to requests that do not meet these criteria. We will only use Personal Data provided in a Valid Request to verify you and complete your request. You do not need an account to submit a Valid Request.
We will work to respond to your Valid Request within 45 days of receipt. We will not charge you a fee for making a Valid Request unless your Valid Request(s) is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that your Valid Request warrants a fee, we will notify you of the fee and explain that decision before completing your request.
Personal Data Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In
You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Data. To do so, please email [email protected] with the subject field: “Personal Data Sales Opt-Out” and providing us with the name and email address associates with that account.
Once you have submitted an opt-out request, we will not ask you to reauthorize the sale of your Personal Data for at least 12 months. However, you may change your mind and opt back in to Personal Data sales at any time by creating a new public profile for yourself.
We may have different tiers of Services as allowed by applicable data protection laws (including the CCPA) with varying attributes you receive related to the value of Personal Data that we receive from you.
Nevada Resident Rights
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain Personal Data to third parties who intend to license or sell that Personal Data. You can exercise this right by contacting us at [email protected] with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account.
European Union Data Subject Rights
If you are a resident of the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, or Iceland, you may have additional rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) with respect to your Personal Data. You can exercise this right by contacting us at [email protected] with the subject line “European Union Data Subject Rights” and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at [email protected]