Head of Data Science
Windward’s data science team leverages its unique and multi layered data to identify, predict and understand better what’s happening at the sea in maritime safety, security, compliance, supply chain and across the maritime ecosystem. This includes detailed and nuanced data on ships movements, weather, nautical charts, cargo data , as well as ownership and financial information on shipping entities on a global scale.
We are looking for a proactive and high-performance leader who is passionate about being part of a growing business, working in a creative and dynamic fast-paced environment, with the latest technologies on the market, building world-class data solutions across varied industries.
As Windward’s Head of Data Science you will lead our Data Science team and provide hands on A-Z responsibility on Data Science projects, from conducting and publishing research and modeling all the way to deployment, testing, monitoring and investigating new models and tools at big data scales. You’ll be responsible for all aspects of data processing and analysis, including using Deep learning and Machine Learning models and database/software tool selection. Your team will work closely with our talented R&D engineers and Product Managers, you will report directly to the VP R&D and be a core member of our leadership team.
What will you do?
- Lead the Data Science team towards the development of data driven and Machine/Deep Learning and other algorithms into viable products.
- Design and develop large scale models using various methods including classification algorithms, Machine/deep learning models.
- Initiate and lead new research projects and deliver high end data solutions as a leading expert
- Develop Windward’s data-science infrastructure environment
- Work closely with Product managers to identify and answer meaningful product questions that support decision-making
- Nurture the personal growth of the company’s data scientists
- Lead the hiring of new data scientists to the team
- Develop the WW brand in the Israely and int’l data science ecosystem, including participation in meetups and conferences
Who are you?
- MSc / PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics or equivalent
- Hands-on experience leading a high-performance team, including setting a vision, and creating a culture of effective, high-quality methods development and reducing those methods to a practical implementation
- Experience in the delivery of large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams
- Strong engineering background
- Excellent interpersonal and communication including superior presentation skills and proven ability to work effectively at all organizational levels
- Ability and desire to lead competency development in data science